Friday, March 13, 2015

Trust

Trust is something that most of us value.  I have a confidence when I can trust someone, or something.  I trust my car will start and that my lights will come on when I lift the switch.  I trust my sister and my best friend.  99.99% of the time these things are trustworthy in my life, so I don't spend much time concerned about it.  One of the most detrimental things that happened to us is that we came to believe that we couldn't trust ourselves.  On this journey of lifestyle change, one of the most important issues we face is learning to trust ourselves again.

I know what is best for me.  I know what is right for me.  If I am wrong, if I need to change my mind, I will be guided into that - but only by trusting where I am today.  I can look to others for support and resinforcement, but trusting myself is essential as I grow in health and wellness. 

I encourage you to challenge fear, doubt and confusion on your journey for they are the enemies of self-trust.  every step you take away from them are steps you take closer towards trusting yourself.  Learning to trust yourself again occurs one day at a time, one experience at a time.

Tool:
1.  When did you NOT trust yourself, and what lessons did you learn from it?  When DID you trust yourself, and what lessons did you learn from that?

HOPE Lifestyle - Fitness

Laura Trumbull teaches our HOPE Lifestyle - Fitness.  We will have a synopsis of her class now so that you can catch up on anything you miss.  http://hopelifestylefitness.blogspot.com/

No comments: