Thursday, February 20, 2014

Self-control (yuk, not my fav topic!)

Yikes!  I don't know about you guys, but that word causes me to tighten up a bit and think of that other word that makes me cringe. . .d i s c i p l i n e!  Last Tuesday we talked about this topic as it relates to lifestyle change and as you can imagine, it clearly relates.  As we read the nugget, this sentence in particular jumped out at me. 

"Lack of self-control is equal to irresponsibility." 

Nothing like hitting the nail on the head! Lack of restraint and lack of responsibilty will lead to consequences.  On this journey we are on to have lasting change, we have the power to practice self-control.  And in this case, I will have to practice. . .and practice. . .and practice self control!

God, help me today as I practice self-control and responsibility in my life.  Help me to do for myself what You have equipped me to do.

TOOL:

1)  Where in your life do you control your actions? Why?

2) Where in your life do you not control your actions? Why not?

No comments: