Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Snowcones anyone?


This was the hardest thing I have ever done physically. Ever. Even harder than the race we did 4 days prior. We hiked 10 miles up into Glacier National Park to a place called Iceberg Lake. The entire hike which took over 7 hours hosted absolutely spectacular views the entire hike. There were signs of grizzly bears all around, none of which we saw here. About half of the way up, it began to rain and very cold rain, and began to snow on the peaks right above us. I was in shorts and a light jacket. Note to self. . .check the weather on the peaks when you go on a 10 mile hike in Glacier. Beth is sporting the ranger's coat because of her lack of preparation also. This hike showed me I could get myself off a mountain when I absolutely have to. Great for building those determination muscles!

No comments: